We caught up with Daventry Town Chairman Iain Humphrey on the eve of the biggest game in the clubs 127 year history. We asked him your questions, as the excitement builds to Saturdays First round Fa Cup tie against Chesterfield.
Firstly let me thank you for taking time out, of what must be a busy week for you with Daventry Town to answer a few questions for our blog.
1. If you could pick any 1 premiership player to put in your side for Saturday who would it be and why?
Aguero. A game changer, ultra fast when playing off the last man.
2. The biggest game in the clubs 127 year history, and you have taken them there!
How does that make you feel?
Proud is an understatement! Not just of the players and management, but of all the dedicated people around the club, who donate so much of their time, energy and skills for the love of the football club. Tomorrow is their day too!
3. Saturday will be your 11th cup tie in a row, how much of a distraction is this to the league?
How strange to have played 2 more cup games than league games so far this season. A huge distraction when we have had such a great start in the league,however I have every confidence the team will pick up where they left off and remain focused on the goal this season promotion
4. Would you prefer to win outright on Saturday or get them back to Daventry for a replay, every penny counts?
Always the outright win, and if it’s not our day..we will take the draw!
5. Say you do cause an upset and get through, which club would you like to draw in the next round?
Sheff Utd away would still be the game for me,or a low ranking team at communications park, for the #purplearmy fans to get excited about
6. Are you going to be in with the purple army at Chesterfield or in the directors boxes?
6) This has been on my mind all week. I’m in the directors box to represent the club, however I am a football fan always and go to most games and love spending my time singing with the #purplearmy. So I have a ticket for the away stand too and you will probably find me there after halftime.
7. If not Daventry, who do you back to win this years FA Cup?
Chelsea would be my shout..loving it now Mourinho is back!
8. Reach the Third round of the FA Cup or promotion this season? What is it to be?
although it is the most exciting time for DTFC, I would choose promotion. The club needs to progress to the next level let’s leave the 3rd round till next year.
9. Are there any plans to build another smaller stand on the other side of the ground.
We have always had the plans. We just need the fans.
10 Over 600 supporters this week! Back to 100 for Wellingborough next week! How can you get supporters to stay with the club after the excitement of the FA Cup?
I sincerely hope the achievements thus far will get more of the Daventry people behind us in the most exciting season in history, Remember we have a league to win and the FaTrophy to raise more awareness, however we also embarking on a new initiative on youth Development programme, developed by our first full time experienced coach at the club. We want some Daventry town players of the future to be born and bred in the town and inspire the people, just as Adam Confue does week in week out.
I’d like to thank you on behalf of NonLeagueReview once again for your time. We will be there reporting on the game and wish you every success and the best of luck.